Monday, January 5, 2009

Current Read

One of my favorite past times is reading! One of things that I would love to do in my life is to write a book. Actually, I am putting myself out there by even saying anything about that dream of mine!! I have thinking about possibly starting a separate blog where I can actually post some writings. I want to see if I can actually keep up with this blog for a while before I commit myself to a writing blog! There might be more to come on that in the next few weeks!


Anyway, I wanted to let you guys in on some of the books I read. I love Danielle Steele, Nora Roberts, and others that are similar writers. Right now, I am reading Danielle Steele's book, "Amazing Grace". This book is about Sarah. Sarah is a stay at home mom that organizes charity events occasionally. She organizes an event for the NICU unit of the local hospital in San Francisco. The event takes place on the night of a horrible earthquake.
As I read through this one, I will keep you up-to-date! It is sure to be a great read! Anyone that would like to read it with me, Amazon.com is selling this one for as low as $5.11 at the following site: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0593056728/ref=dp_olp_1. You can also pick it up at Wal-Mart.
I hope that you will all join me in my little reading journey! It will be a challenge for me to read any book because I am in school full time and working full time and of course I love my computer! But, I will do my best to keep up! My goal is to start another reading blog soon so that I can post the ones I read and even maybe occasionally some of my writing. This is something that I have actually dreamed of for a while and I am tired of not doing the things I want to do. So, I am going to try. One of my favorite quotes is: "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." (Thomas Alva Edison). I don't want to give up just yet. I have been thinking about this for a while now and although it would be so easy to just say forget it, I don't want to say that just yet. If we can all just do one thing that we have put off because we though that we may not be able to accomplish it, then we might just see that we can succeed!


1 comment:

Pam said...

sounds like a great goal!! in fact... I keep getting told I'll write a book one day... and having a helper on that project would just be amazing wouldn't it?? (you and I together!!) Could you imagine that one day God would use our friendship from so long ago in such a way! Maybe!?!