Thursday, October 16, 2008

What's going on right now in our journey.

Most normal people never move from where they live. They don't uproot their families and change addresses every 3 yrs or less. I guess we're not normal! Travis is in the army and that means that we get up and move quite often. In 18 years, we have lived in more than 7 communites, not including the different moves in each town due to military housing not being made available right away.

Before I go on with this blog entry, let me say that in no way do I or the kids blame Travis for moving as much as we do! As a matter of fact, it is part of who we are now. We are all actually a little nervous about his upcoming retirement and going back into the civilian life. EEKKKK!!!

Everytime we move, the kids are uprooted from school and must adjust to a new way of life, Travis must switch jobs, but he has a job waiting on him always, and I, well, I have to quit my job and look for another one. This is tough and this is what we are going through right now. I have been unsuccessful in finding a job right now. Every bite I get on a job here ends in disappointment. The latest situation is that I may have a full-time admin job working in the CDC, but I just found out that MWR may "give" this position to one of 13 persons who were promised a job by the director of MWR here. This is very disconcerting to me. He says that these people need jobs. What about me? I need a job too. So, now I am waiting and praying and hoping and a little crying from being once again disappointed about this. Heidelberg, so far has been the hardest place to find a job. Military spouses should not have this kind of trouble finding work anywhere. I have had thoughts of trying to figure out what I can do to fix this problem, but it seems very difficult. I will update here if I can find a way to make a contribution to why military spouses have such a difficult time finding employment.

I could use a prayer from anyone willing to say one! Love you all!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I am proud of you for sharing this. It is good. I about missed taking lucas to the bus stop because i was reading your blog! I pray that you get the job GOD has for you!!